Uninsured Services are services provided that are not insured by the provincial health insurance plan, such as medical reports requested by insurance companies, medico-legal reports, transfer and access of medical records, sick notes, and driver’s medicals.
They may also include services provided to individuals who are not insured, such as those who are not Canadian residents.
Doctors Manitoba has practical information for Manitoba physicians on:
- Rates for uninsured services
- Developing an appropriate hourly rate
- How to identify services that should be billed directly to patients or third parties
- How to communicate with patients and third parties on uninsured servcies
- How to organize your office procedures to effectively bill and collect for these services
Doctors Manitoba members can obtain a copy of Billing for Uninsured Services, A Practical Guide for Manitoba Physicians, by contacting us at email@example.com.