The Top 40 Under 40 Award will recognize exceptional physicians and medical learners in Manitoba under the age of 40 who have made significant contributions in their field. The award recognizes those who have demonstrated excellence and a strong commitment in the areas of research, clinical practice, education, leadership, and advocacy for improvements to patient care, and/or physician and student well-being.
To be eligible for the Top 40 Under 40, nominees must meet the following criteria:
Age: The nominee must be under the age of 40, or more specifically born in 1983 or later.
Eligible groups: Medical students, resident physicians and fully licensed physicians
Practice location: The nominee must reside in and study or practice in Manitoba.
Accomplishments: The nominee should have demonstrated significant accomplishments, innovation, and leadership in the medical field, such as:
- Significant contributions to the medical field, such as research, clinical practice, education, leadership, advocacy, and physician well-being.
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity in their medical practice.
- Leadership in their profession, including advocacy for patient care and improvements in the healthcare system.
- Professional recognition or awards, such as peer-reviewed publications or awards.
- Ethical and professional conduct: The nominee must exhibit ethical and professional conduct.
Timeline: Nominations open May 10 and close June 30. Winners will be announced in September 2023 and honoured at a celebration in fall.