Benefits & Insurance
Insurance programs designed with you and your family in mind, exclusively for physicians.
More information about our Insurance Programs
Learn more about the insurance products that are available to you as a member of Doctors Manitoba.
The Doctors Manitoba Insurance Program
Doctors Manitoba has designed a not-for-profit insurance program for physicians, by physicians – created with your needs in mind. Our staff invest the time, do the research and negotiate to make sure the plans we offer are a great fit and value for you and your family.
We are also here for you if you need help with any facet of applying for coverage or making claims. Just contact Doctors Manitoba and we’ll be happy to help you through the process. And if you have a conflict with an insurer that isn’t backing a claim you feel is valid, we can support you by being your advocate in navigating the claim. Think of us as your personal insurance claims concierge! We are here for you.
Our commitment to our members is sincere, and we are dedicated to helping protect you, your income and your family. These insurance plans are one of the ways we are doing this.
Giving back to you
Our insurance plans are not-for-profit, meaning your premiums are kept low, and if there is a surplus, that profit is returned to you as a credit on next year’s premiums to make your costs drop even lower.
Strength in numbers
More than 3,000 members currently participate in our insurance plans, which offer life, disability income, office overhead, accidental death and dismemberment, critical illness, and extended health benefits for physicians. We can help you build the plan that works best for your family and provides the protection you need.
Coverage for medical residents
PARIM provides its medical resident members with a compulsory group insurance program consisting of life, disability income and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Why should you choose to enroll in the Doctors Manitoba Insurance Program? Consider these features:
- Comprehensive insurance coverage, developed by physicians to meet physicians’ needs
- Group buying power provides lower costs than individual coverage
- Plans are operated on a not-for-profit basis, which also results in lower costs
- Credit is applied against your total premium due for life, disability income and office overhead plans when annual total premiums collected exceed total claims and operating expenses
- Doctors Manitoba staff can assist you with claims if needed – we have your back!
- A committee of physicians directs development and monitors the plans, working behind the scenes to ensure we are offering you comprehensive coverage at the best value possible
- We arrange for independent experts to review our plans regularly, to ensure the coverage and costs we are offering are optimal in the market
- We partner with financially secure, well-recognized carriers: Manulife Financial, Canada Life, SSQ and Manitoba Blue Cross
- Your coverage is portable anywhere in the world (excluding extended health)
- Policy improvements are available to all participants, not just new applicants
- This program has been serving the needs of our members for over 50 years.