There is now a permanent remuneration structure for eConsultation, recognizing both the referring and e‑consultant physician. eConsultation was introduced to facilitate obtaining recommendations from a designated e‑consultant for the treatment and management of a patient.
- Referring physicians will now receive $27.33 for an eConsultation, claimable on the same day as a visit or consultation.
- Responding e‑Consultants will receive $60 per fifteen minutes for eConsultations that meet the criteria.
Digital Shared Services manages two different platforms for eConsults: BASE and Store and Forward:
- See this one-pager to learn more about eConsultation.
- You can learn more about these platforms on this Digital Shared Services eConsult page. You can also access training here.
- To apply for access, go to this Digital Shared Services page, and click on BASE eConsult to apply for access to that platform, and/or click on iScheduler to gain access to the Store & Forward platform.
Expand below to review details and requirements about each tariff:
eConsultation - Referring Physician
1) A visit or consultation may be claimed on the same day as tariff 8628.
eConsultation - Consultant (15 minutes)
This tariff is claimable by the consultant responding to an eConsultation request, payable per fifteen minutes or portion thereof.
- Tariff 8627 includes review of the specific medical request and any accompanying diagnostic data and communication to the referring physicians with recommendations as to treatment and management of patient.
- Response must be provided within seven days of request.
- A visit or consultation by the consultant may not be claimed on the same day as Tariff 8627
- Limited to physicians participating in a recognized Provincial eConsultation service.
- Rules of Application 7 – 10 do not apply