Group CME Program Overview and Application From
Doctors Manitoba recognizes the continuing medical education (CME) needs of eligible practicing physicians vary, and group or team-based learning is a preferred option for some. Doctors Manitoba is expanding the negotiated individual CME Rebate Program to include group-based CME for a one-year pilot.
The program will be administered as a grant-based program. All applications will be reviewed by representatives of the Doctors Manitoba Board of Directors.
The primary applicant must be an eligible practicing member of Doctors Manitoba. Funds will only be dispersed to organizations or medical corporations, not individual physician(s).
Up to $20,000 will be available per grant.
The following funding criteria must be met for the application to be accepted:
- The CME must occur in Manitoba
- All funds must be utilized in the calendar year in which the request is made (2022). A call of 2023 proposals will be made in November 2022.
- The proposed program must be CME accredited from a provincial, national, or international body.
- Proposals will outline the learning objectives, the number of eligible practicing physicians attending the CME, and the expected impact of the CME.
- As articulated in the Master Agreement, all funds must be utilized to support learning activities for eligible practicing physicians only. Other health professionals may attend the event, but the primary audience must be eligible practicing physicians.
- Funds could be applied to support CME accreditation costs, and costs related to the speaker including fees, accommodations, and travel
- Approved proposals will be required to recognize the financial contribution from Doctors Manitoba.
- Group CME funding cannot be used for profit events.
Doctors Manitoba will not be a sole source funder for requests from academic institutions, government, RHAs or colleges. Requests from physicians in these organizations must demonstrate a maximum funding commitment from the host organization.
A group of Doctors Manitoba Board Directors will review applications twice per year (spring/fall). Doctors Manitoba staff will vet all applications to ensure eligibility.
Up to $250,000 total will be available for the pilot. As many applications as possible will be supported up to this amount.
The initial Call for Proposals is closed.
More information and details for additional proposals will be coming soon.