Doctors Manitoba has a team of staff to assist when a physician has a question about billing or where a disagreement regarding fee-for-service billing arises between a physician and Manitoba Health.
Doctors Manitoba can assist physicians and their billing staff in a wide variety of areas, including:
- Advice concerning specific billing matters
- Representation in discussions with Manitoba Health regarding payment of claims;
- Negotiating changes to the Physician’s Manual to clarify payment of claims;
- Applying for new fee tariffs;
- Representing physicians at formal grievances with regard to billing; and
- Representing physicians in the event that their billings are audited.