Primary Care Obstetrics Coordinator
409 Tache Ave & 820 Sherbrook St
Date Posted: June 28, 2023
Closing Date: September 30, 2023
Renumeration / Overhead Split: $19,040.63 per annum
RHA: Winnipeg RHA
The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Primary Care Program is seeking applications for a permanent, part-time obstetrics coordinator. This position is estimated to be approximately 4 – 6 hours per week not including outpatient clinic and on-call responsibilities.
In this position you will participate in the development of a strategic plan for Primary Care Obstetrics, assist in developing a continuous quality improvement program, represent the views of Family Medicine through attending site obstetrical meetings and interactions with the Family Medicine Team and the associated hospitals’ administration, in conjunction with the Department of Family Practice, University of Manitoba, the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and Shared Health Manitoba.
You will maintain a committee membership with Maternal Newborn Committee, Low Risk Obstetrics Council, and Centralized Obstetrics Intake. Within the Family Medicine Obstetrics Network duties would include, but not be limited to, managing referrals by reviewing and triaging, liaising with OPD leads at both sites in developing referral processes, and promoting and advocating for FMON.
This position will also require reviewing applications for privileges for intrapartum care and existing provincial privileges in connection with the Provincial Family Medicine Standards Committee, working with Doctors Manitoba, and being involved with the Community Birth Program and all that entails.
Duties for the Primary Care Obstetrics Coordinator
- Liaise with Post Graduate Medical Educational (PGME) lead regarding relationship between family physicians and Obstetrics/Gynecology resident(s).
- Liaise with PGME lead regarding experience of family medicine residents on the labour floor.
- Funnel info from the Department of Obstetrics/Gynecology to our members.
- Handle complaints from the Department of Obstetrics/Gynecology regarding members of our department.
- Advocacy for the Family Practice Obstetrics role in-hospital and in the community
- Report jointly to the Regional Medical Specialty Leads for inpatient and outpatient Primary Care in the WRHA
- Liaise with Provincial Medical Lead for Primary Care within Shared Health
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Participating in seeing prenatal patients as part of their Family Medicine practice.
- Participate in a call ROTA taking on a share of the call work to support obstetrical care.
- Attend/assist in a minimum number of deliveries per year.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba (CPSM)
- CCFP certified
- Associated with FMON
- ALSO or Alarm training (required)