113th Annual General Meeting
The Doctors Manitoba Annual Meeting will be held on May 6, 2021.
Our AGM will start this year with a presentation about physician health and wellness, featuring Dr. Tait Shanafelt. We are very lucky to be joined by this global thought-leader and researcher in the field of physician well-being and its implications for quality of care, and one who recognizes the importance of organizational and system-level strategies to improve wellness.
Dr. Shanafelt leads the WellMD Centre at Standford University, where he also works as a professor, associate dean. Clinically, he focuses on care of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Previously, he served as the founding director of the Mayo Clinic Department of Medicine Program on Physician Well-being.
His pioneering studies nearly 20 years ago are credited with helping launch the entire field of organizational efforts to promote physician well-being. Dr. Shanafelt is a member of the American College of Physicians Task Force on Physician Well-being and the National Academy of Medicine Committee on System Approaches to Support Clinician Well-being. He has helped hundreds of organizations and their leaders work to reduce burnout and promote professional fulfillment for physicians.
113th Annual General Business Meeting
Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 6:00 pm
6:00 pm — Keynote Address
Dr. Tait Shananfelt — Physician Burnout
Order of Business
- Call to Order by President — Introduction of Guests
- Order of Business and Approval of Modified Rules of Order (See attached motion)
- Approval of the Minutes of the 2020 AGM (attached)
- 2019 – 2020 Doctors Manitoba President’s Address
- CEO Year in Review
- In Memoriam
- Doctors Manitoba Awards Announcement
- Address (Message) from the 2020 – 2021 CMA President — Dr. Ann Collins
CMA Corporate Update
- Announcement of Doctors Manitoba President-Elect 2021 – 2022
- New Business
- Installation of Dr. Kristjan Thompson as the 2021 – 2022 Doctors Manitoba President
- Address from the 2021 – 2022 President of Doctors Manitoba — Dr. Kristjan Thompson