The Doctors Manitoba Insurance Program is a program designed for physicians, by physicians. Currently, more than 3,000 members are participating in our plans.
Life, disability income, office overhead, accidental death and dismemberment, and extended health benefits are available through Doctors Manitoba. PARIM provides its medical resident members with a compulsory group insurance program consisting of life, disability income and accident insurance.
Some plans are experience-rated and operated on a not-for-profit basis so all profits are returned to the participants. That means that if, in a given year, total premiums collected exceed total claims and operating expenses, the excess is returned to participating members.
- comprehensive insurance coverage, developed by physicians to meet physicians’ needs
- a physician committee directs development and monitors the plans
- independent experts review plans regularly to ensure coverage and costs are optimal in the market
- group buying power provides lower costs than individual coverage
- plans are operated on a non-profit basis, which also results in lower costs
- refunds of premiums when annual total claims and administration costs are less than total premiums on life, disability income and office overhead.
- uses only financially secure, well recognized carriers: Manulife Financial, Great-West Life, Industrial Alliance Pacific Life Insurance Company and Manitoba Blue Cross
- Doctors Manitoba staff can assist with claims if needed
- portable anywhere in the world (except extended health)
- policy improvements are available to all participants, not just new applicants
- serving the needs of members for over 50 years