Age means age as of January 1 of each year (the policy anniversary date) up to age 64. From age 65 your actual date of birth is used.
- the person you are legally married to or
- the person you have continuously resided with for at least one year in a conjugal relationship
Dependent children are your:
- unmarried children under age 21 (or under age 25 if enrolled as a full time student in an accredited college or university in Canada) who are principally dependent on you for support and maintenance
- children of any age with a physical or mental infirmity, provided they were insured prior to age 21 or prior to age 25 if in full-time attendance at a specialized, school, college or university
Effective Date of Insurance
Coverage takes effect when Doctors Manitoba receives your application. If you are enrolling during a re-opening period, coverage takes effect on the January 1st following the re-opening.
Changing Your Coverage
If your marital status changes or new dependents are added through birth or adoption, notify the Doctors Manitoba Insurance Services Department within 60 days of the event to ensure your coverage is correct.
Termination of Insurance
Your coverage ends on the earliest of the date:
- 90 days after you become a non-resident of Manitoba
- any premium required is due and unpaid
- your association with Doctors Manitoba ends
- the policy is terminated
- for a dependent, on the date the dependent ceases to meet the definition of eligible dependent
Upon death of an insured member, the spouse and eligible dependents are eligible to continue participation in the plan.