How to Apply
- Contact Doctors Manitoba to apply for coverage. Call Mark Venton at (204) 985-5846.
- Submit your completed, signed application form and a cheque made out to the Doctors Manitoba for applicable premiums, to Doctors Manitoba. Payments can also be made by pre-authorized deduction from your bank account.
- If you apply part way through the policy year of June 1 to May 31, premiums are pro-rated based on the number of full months remaining.
How to Make a Claim
- Contact Doctors Manitoba to make a claim.
- You will be provided with the necessary claim forms as well as instructions covering other requirements that may aid in a prompt handling of the claim.
- To make a claim, written notice of the accident must be provided to the insurer within 30 days of the date of the accident and written proof must be submitted within 90 days of the date of the accident.
- If the required notice and proof of loss is not received, the claim may not be considered after the 90 day period has expired, unless there is good reason for the delay. In no event is a claim considered after one year from the date of the accident if notification was not provided to the insurer and the necessary forms not completed and submitted.
Payment of Benefits
Your accidental death benefit is paid to the beneficiary designated on your application form, or to your estate if no such designation is made. Any other benefits payable (which include those payable for your insured spouse and/or insured dependent children) are paid to you, with the exception of indemnities payable under the Day Care Benefit, Education Benefit, and Spousal Retraining Benefit.