Introducing Manitoba’s New HIV Testing and Prevention Guidelines
Manitoba Health & Seniors Care has announced expanded coverage for HIV PrEP medications. To help support our partners and clients respond to this important advancement, the Manitoba HIV Program and Nine Circles Community Health Centre invite you to a free webinar.
Moderator: Dr. Kelby Treloar
Speakers: Dr. Laurie Ireland & Dr. Bria Sharkey
Learn who needs to be tested for HIV, about the important new HIV prevention protocols in Manitoba, as well as how to become a PrEP prescriber. This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Manitoba Chapter for up to (1) Mainpro+ certified credits.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the new guidelines for HIV testing and prevention in Manitoba
- Facilitate routine HIV testing in your practice
- Educate patients on HIV prevention strategies including the benefits and potential harms of PrEP
- Explain how to clinically manage patient initiation, monitoring and cessation of PrEP
- Explain how to become a prescriber of PrEP in Manitoba
- Access more information about HIV testing and prevention
This program has received an education grant/sponsorship support from Viiv Healthcare Canada, Gilead Sciences Canada, Inc. and Merck.
Be sure to review the Manitoba HIV Program’s new HIV Testing and Prevention Guidelines, and we look forward to seeing you on December 8!