Canadian Women’s Heart Health Summit — April 28 & 29
Women’s Heart, Brain and Vascular Health: We Know the Gaps; How Will We Close Them?
Proudly hosted by the University of Ottawa Heart Institute’s Canadian Women’s Heart Health Centre, Heart & Stroke, the University of of British Columbia, Centre for Cardiovascular Innovation and the Leslie Diamond Women’s Heart Health Clinic, the Canadian Women’s Heart Health Summit is the only event of its kind and has become the national reference point for health professionals seeking up-to-date knowledge of women’s heart, brain and vascular health.
Building on the success of the previous three Summits, we have assembled national and international experts and stakeholders to further advance women’s heart, brain, and vascular health. Together, we will transform and enhance Canadian women’s lives through research, awareness, policy development, and care.
This is an accredited opportunity for knowledge exchange for a variety of stakeholders including primary care providers, cardiologists, neurologists, gynecologists, pharmacists, nurses, cardiac rehabilitation providers, allied healthcare providers, researchers, policy-makers, community partners, and women with lived experience.
- Bring together key stakeholders to network and strengthen our capacity to develop and disseminate strategies to improve heart, brain, and vascular health among all women.
- Identify emerging areas, gaps and health disparities in research and clinical practice in heart, brain, and vascular conditions affecting all women across their lifespan.
- Delineate equity-promoting strategies and action plans for facilitating the uptake of evidence in research and clinical practice for heart, brain, and vascular disease in all women.
- 2018 Canadian Women’s Heart Health Summit Highligh Report
- The Beat, June 2017 — Charting a Course for Women’s Heart Health in Canada
- Canadian Journal of Cardiology, June 2017 — Charting the Course for Women’s Heart Health in Canada: Recommendations From the First Canadian Women’s Heart Health Summit
- 2016 Canadian Women’s Heart Health Summit Highlight Report
Registration opens November 1, 2022