All physicians are impacted by COVID-19 in some way, regardless of their specific role or career stage. Prioritizing actions that support physician health and wellness is important at both the individual and organizational levels.
Resources Developed Specifically for Doctors Manitoba Members
- Stay Well During the Pandemic – a checklist to help you reduce the risk to your physical and mental health. Includes a variety of tips applying to practicing physicians, medical learners, and retired physicians.
- Counselling, information, and referrals – a package of support services to directly support your health and wellness, including resources accessible to others in your household.
Get Help Now
- Members and others in their household have 24/7 access to the Physician and Family Support Program with counselling or referrals. Learn more about this and other resources.
- Free psychological services for front-line health care providers in Manitoba
- Covid-19 Learning Series, Joule (CMA), 20-30 minute talks on moral distress, resilience, and more, hosted by Dr. Jillian Horton
- How physicians can beat burnout, a 5-minute video by Drs. Sara and Colin Taylor, CMA
- How doctors can cope with COVID, a 3-minute video with Dr. Joy Albequerque, OMA
Reading and Tools
- Physician Wellness Hub by CMA, an online platform with key resources and a virtual community for physicians, learners and their families.
- Maintaining Wellness During a Pandemic, CMA
- Understanding and Addressing Sources of Anxiety Among Health Care Professionals During the COVID-19 Pandemic, JAMA, April 2020
- Six self-care steps for a pandemic for health providers, Harvard Medical School
- COVID resources for health professionals, Centre for Addictions and Mental Health (CAMH)
- Poster on Managing Stress, Anxiety and Substance Use During COVID-19, Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Abuse
- Poster on 10 tip to support physician wellbeing during COVID, British Medical Association
- How Leaders can Support Team Resilience in a Pandemic, Joule, April 15, 2020
- Supporting the Health Care Workforce During the COVID-19 Global Epidemic, JAMA, March 12, 2020
- Conversation and Action Guide to Support Staff Wellbeing and Joy in Work During and After the Covid-19 Pandemic, Institute for Healthcare Improvement, 2020
- Guide for leaders on caring for health care staff, British Psychological Society
Date last reviewed: September 15, 2020