Doctors Manitoba and the Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba have reached an agreement covering form, report and administrative fees. This four-year agreement is effective January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2021.
Key enhancements in the new contract include:
- A new tariff to remunerate physicians for communicating with WCB representatives, effective January 1, 2020.
- New tariffs to remunerate physicians for the provision of chart notes to the WCB upon their request. These tariffs include physician time spent preparing these documents and a standardized per page rate for photocopying, printing etc, effective January 1, 2020.
- A new tariff that sets out how physicians are to be remunerated when the WCB requests their attendance at a meeting. This tariff includes preparation time and travel time to the meeting, effective January 1, 2020.
- The creation of a Liaison Committee between the parties that will work to expeditiously address change or concerns associated with physician services for the WCB.
- General rate increases of 0.75% in year three (January 1, 2020) and 1.0% in year four (January 1, 2021).
WCB Tariffs and Rates
|Tariff No.||Description||2020 Rate*|
|3024||Doctors First Attendance Report||$65.84|
|3025||Doctors Progress Report1||$56.62|
|5562||Administrative Fee for Follow-up Visits2||$15.26|
|3026||Comprehensive Consultation Report (per page)3||$152.08|
|3022||Pain Management Administrative Fee||$152.08|
|5559||Surgical Administrative Fee
(procedures valued $100 or more, but less than $300)
|5560||Surgical Administrative Fee
(procedures valued $300 or more)
|8114||Opioid Management Report (Initial)||$93.19|
|8115||Opioid Management Report (Progress)||$56.62|
|3010||Telephone Consultation (per 15 minutes)||$75.56|
|0015||Provision of Chart Notes (up to first 5 pages)||$17.13|
|0016||Provision of Chart Notes (per page, after 5 pages)||$3.43|
|0017||Photocopying charge (per 15 minutes)||$75.56|
|0018||In-Person consultation, when requested by the WCB||$300.00|
*2020 rates are effective January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
- If you submit a claim for a Doctors Progress Report (3025), you cannot also claim for an Administrative Fee for Follow-up Visits (5562)
- Where a physician is required to see a patient on more than one occasion as a result of a WCB claim but does not submit a Doctors Progress Report (or Opioid Management Report) for that visit, the physician is entitled to claim 5562.
- WCB pays per page or with prior approval from WCB, the physicians hourly rate.
Updated: April 3, 2020