How Doctors Manitoba Works for Physicians – Fees, Negotiations and Advocacy
A key objective of Doctors Manitoba is to safeguard and enhance physicians’ economic interests.
Doctors Manitoba provides individual physicians with:
- Professional negotiation services;
- Advice related to compensation, contracts and billing;
- Representation in audits by Manitoba Health;
- Representation in disputes regarding fee-for-service billing or alternate funded agreements;
- Assistance in establishing New Fee Tariffs
Doctors Manitoba also provides the medical profession with representation and negotiating services related to:
- All Fee-for-service payments to physicians
- Over 70 alternate funded agreements in the Master Agreement between Doctors Manitoba and Manitoba Health;
- Alternate funded agreements between Doctors Manitoba and RHAs or other organizations who provide compensation for physician’s services.