Automobile Purchase Program
An Automobile Program is available to all Manitoba physicians and trainee members and their immediate family, as a service of Doctors Manitoba.
The program is designed to save you time and money on the purchase/lease of a new vehicle. It fixes the price of the vehicle at a level which might otherwise only be obtainable after considerable personal negotiation. Arrangements have been made between Doctors Manitoba and a number of automobile dealerships in Winnipeg. (Auto Program – Participating Dealerships). For details on specific mark-ups please contact Doctors Manitoba.
The essence of the program is as follows:
- Vehicle pricing will be set at the dealer’s invoice cost plus a small fixed percentage markup. There is no haggling over the price.
- Optional equipment and packages are priced in the same manner.
- The vehicle price used to calculate a lease deal will be the same as the purchase price (rather than the manufacturer’s suggested retail price).
- Doctors Manitoba will audit Canadian dealer cost pricing through its membership in the Automobile Protection Association (APA) in Toronto. (Each member is eligible for one free quote per vehicle purchase. Additional quotes are $20.00 plus GST)
- All lease deals will include full disclosure of financial information (as described further).
- Qualified participants are automatically eligible for currently available incentive programs, rebate programs; cash back programs, and special interest rate financing.
- Most vehicles are available through the program, however some product lines which are in low supply and high demand may be excluded. Doctors Manitoba is aware of current exclusions.
- Participants generally will deal directly with the dealership fleet/lease manager, who knows the ground rules of the program, rather than a salesman.
- Doctors Manitoba staff are available to coordinate and oversee the whole process and can offer information on pricing and lease calculations, as well as provide some consumer information on vehicle product lines.
Automobile Lease Program
With respect to leases, the Doctors Manitoba program requires dealers to disclose the following pieces of information:
- vehicle price (dealer cost plus a small, fixed markup)
- down payment amount
- capitalized amount
- “buy back” or “lease end” value of the vehicle when the lease term expires
- lease interest rate
- term of lease in months
The proposed lease transaction must also indicate: whether there is a lease assignment fee and, if so, the cost; the deposit amount and an indication of how much (if any) of that deposit is not refunded even when the vehicle is returned in satisfactory condition; whether there are any lease termination fees and, if so, the cost; and finally any limitations on maximum yearly kilometres and the cost per kilometre if the maximum is exceeded.
If you obtain a quotation from a either a Doctors Manitoba dealership or any other dealer, for the purchase or lease of a vehicle, Doctors Manitoba can assist you in your decision. Doctors Manitoba can audit dealer cost pricing through its membership in the Automobile Protection Association (APA) in Toronto.
If you have any questions please contact: