Date Posted: November 22, 2022
Closing Date: December 7, 2022
Salary: Contract: Up to $50,000 (20−30 hours per week)
Contract length: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Application deadline: 2022-12-07
Doctors Manitoba is looking for an experienced Research Coordinator to support and provide leadership for an exciting research partnership with six provincial medical associations and researchers at the University of Manitoba. The research project will use an intersectional lens to determine the barriers to gender equity in the medical profession in six provinces: Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. This includes but is not limited to remuneration, specialty of practice, medical school admissions, residency selection, and access to informal and formal leadership positions.
This position offers an opportunity to get involved with a study from initial stages, and to influence an important and complex field of research and policy advocacy. To be an excellent research coordinator, you must be organized and detail-oriented, and comfortable working with diverse teams. If you have further skills in research development, project management, and data analysis, we’d like to meet you. Candidates from equity deserving groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Research Coordinator Responsibilities
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of grant proposals
- Coordinate, monitor and document the progress of active research project activities from inception to completion
- Facilitate/organize project-related meetings and communication flow
- Assist in the preparation and submission of ethics applications, renewals, and amendments
- Provide bi-weekly status updates on project to supervisor
- Post-secondary education in a health care related field
- Minimum of 3 years research experience including knowledge of research ethics board requirements
- Previous supervisory, team leadership and/or project management experience or related education
- Strong computer literacy and proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and reference management programs
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Experience in sex and gender-based research, and women and medicine through an intersectional lens is an asset
- Experience submitting academic funding applications is an asset
- Experience utilizing analytical software is an asset
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV to us by December 7, 2022 to email@example.com
About Doctors Manitoba
We see our members — physicians and future physicians — as heroes. While they are busy taking care of their patients, we help take care of them. We are their fiercest supporter, leader, advocate, and ally.
Our newly updated mission focuses on strengthening and supporting the whole physician, including not only their economic well-being, but also their physical and mental health and their professional interests. Every day, we are working to ensure every physician has what they need to deliver exceptional care to Manitobans.
Founded in 1908, Doctors Manitoba (formerly known as the Manitoba Medical Association) is the professional association of Manitoba physicians, resident-physicians, and medical students. Doctors Manitoba supports and administers numerous programs for physicians, including Physician Health & Wellness, Mentorship, Continuing Medical Education, Maternity/Parental Benefits, Professional Liability Insurance Fund and Physician Retention. For more information, please visit www.DoctorsManitoba.ca.