Communications Associate — Copywriting and Content Creation Lead
Doctors Manitoba, 20 Desjardins Drive, Winnipeg
Date Posted: November 20, 2023
Closing Date: December 11, 2023
Doctors Manitoba is looking for a Communications Associate to lead our in-house copywriting and content creation. In this multifaceted role, you will be at the forefront of our digital presence and content development, using your knack for explaining science, medicine, and current events to both professional and layperson audiences. Your responsibilities will span across creating captivating content for social media, writing informative pieces on health and medicine for the public, and developing easy-to-use resources and guides for busy physicians.
Doctors Manitoba is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse staff benefits and enriches the work environment and is essential to organizational excellence. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the diversity of the physicians and medical learners we work to support. We welcome applications from all individuals and encourage women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons to confidentially self-identify at time of application.
Do you have what it takes? Then join our cause, to help ensure every physician in Manitoba has what they need to deliver exceptional care to their patients.
Roles and Responsibilities
Social Media Management:
- Formulate and execute a comprehensive social media content strategy and calendar to bolster Doctors Manitoba’s online visibility and engagement, including our Getting Healthy public awareness initiative.
- Create engaging content on various social media platforms to promote disease prevention and healthy living to the public, including copy, graphics and video.
- Monitor social media channels, foster conversations, and engage with the digital community.
- Craft accessible, well-researched, and compelling content focusing on health, wellness, disease prevention, and medical advancements for the public.
- Collaborate closely with physicians and partner organizations to communicate technical medical concepts in an approachable manner, upholding accuracy and credibility.
- Stay current with the latest medical developments and health system changes to infuse content with the most recent insights.
Member Engagement and Resource Development:
- Develop valuable resources for physician members, aiding them in their professional growth and practice enhancement. This could include written content, webinars, and possibly podcast or video products.
- Assist in the planning and execution of member events, fostering connections and knowledge sharing among physicians.
- Research, synthesize, and compose updates for physicians on medical advancements and health system developments for our weekly physician newsletter.
- Skillfully present intricate information tailored to a professional physician audience.
- Provide support to the Director of Strategy & Communications for media relations, including drafting press releases and speaking notes, coordinating press conferences, and responding to reporter inquiries.
- Degree in a relevant field such as communications, marketing, journalism, or a related discipline, or a suitable combination of experience and education.
- Proven experience in digital content creation and in science/technical copywriting.
- Strong ability to simplify complex concepts for diverse audiences, including both busy professionals and the general public.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills, coupled with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency in social media management and utilization of related tools.
- Effective collaboration and communication skills for interaction with physicians and colleagues.
- Literacy with medical research, health trends, and disease prevention strategies.
- A strong background in both communications and science is preferred.
- Prior involvement in healthcare or medical communication is an asset.
- Experience in event planning, resource development, or podcasting is an asset.
- Experience with graphic design and/or website management or a willingness to learn.
In-office daytime, evening, and some weekend hours mostly in Winnipeg, some provincial travel based on need.
Compensation & Benefits
Doctors Manitoba offers competitive compensation, a range of benefits (including RRSP, insurance, and extended health), and an environment committed to wellness.
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and CV to us at email@example.com by December 11, 2023.
About Doctors Manitoba
We see our members — physicians and future physicians — as heroes. While they are busy taking care of their patients, we help take care of them. We are their fiercest supporter, leader, advocate, and ally.
Our mission focuses on strengthening and supporting the whole physician, including not only their economic well-being, but also their physical and mental health and their professional interests. Every day, we are working to ensure every physician has what they need to deliver exceptional care to Manitobans.
Founded in 1908, Doctors Manitoba (formerly known as the Manitoba Medical Association) is the professional association of Manitoba physicians, resident-physicians, and medical students. Doctors Manitoba supports and administers numerous programs for physicians, including Physician Health & Wellness, Mentorship, Continuing Medical Education, Maternity/Parental Benefits, Professional Liability Insurance Fund and Physician Retention. For more information, please visit www.doctorsmanitoba.ca.