Director, Communications & Marketing
Doctors Manitoba is looking for a dynamic Director, Communications & Marketing to join our growing team in this new role. Reporting directly to General Counsel and ultimately the CEO, the Director, Communications & Marketing will:
- Serve as a strategic advisor to the executive leadership team on all matters related to communications, marketing, public and media relations;
- Create, lead and execute a comprehensive communications and marketing plan;
- Serve as the press secretary for the organization and oversee all media relations activity;
- Develop and execute a plan to increase the organization’s communications and marketing capacity;
- Strengthen the organization’s internal and external brands;
- Report on the effectiveness of various communications and marketing tools;
- Manage the relationship with external agencies and/or contractors;
- Assist in the production of communication and marketing products and services;
- Develop a strategy for the organization’s social media and digital presence, including content.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Completion of a post-secondary degree relating to communications, marketing, public relations and/or journalism, and at least 7 years of related experience. A combination of education and work experience will also be considered.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to be creative and innovative in approach.
- Marketing experience including strategic brand and reputation management.
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver multiple projects in a quality and timely manner, independently and under pressure.
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency at all times.
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills and ability to work well with a multi-functional team.
- Experience handling sensitive/confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective internal/external relationships.
- Experience building and managing budgets.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and adapt to a fast-paced environment while keeping focus on long-term strategic goals.
- Superior organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Proficiency in design and publishing would be considered an asset.
Compensation & Benefits
Doctors Manitoba offers competitive compensation, great benefits (including RRSPs, insurance and extended health), and an environment committed to wellness (including on-site fitness facility).
If you’d like to join our team, please submit your information and introduce yourself.
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by May 18, 2018.
About Doctors Manitoba
Founded in 1908, Doctors Manitoba (formerly known as the Manitoba Medical Association) is the professional association of Manitoba physicians, resident-physicians and medical students. Our mission is to serve the members of Manitoba’s medical profession, advocating for their professional, economic and personal well-being.
We promote a social, economic, and political climate in which physicians can provide Manitobans with the highest standard of health care, while achieving maximum professional satisfaction and fair economic reward.
Doctors Manitoba supports and administers numerous programs for physicians including Physician Health & Wellness, Mentorship, Continuing Medical Education, Maternity/Parental Benefits, Professional Liability Insurance Fund and Physician Retention.